Saturday, January 05, 2008

Singapore, seafood capitol
During my stay with ruth, her mum brought us and her french colleague to the east coast for delicious seafood. And boy, was the food good! East coast is known in Singapore for its rows and rows of seafood restaurants and the one we went to was called Red House. And if you never tried chinese style seafood, I highly recommend you to try some in Singapore if you happen to pass by.

Ruth's mum ordered almost everything you see on the signboards above. The singapore favourites are the chilli crab and pepper crab, delicious bamboo clams and sharksfin soup. We also had the cold dish consisting of the squid and octopus, thai style seafood curry(which was delicious!), fried chinese buns to go with the crab, seafood fishcake, bamboo clams, sharksfin soup and cod fish . Crazy I say. For 3 people, that was like a whole lot of food for us to finish. The french guy couldn't take spicy stuff so we had we ordered the tomato crab and pepper crab instead of the regular chilli crab. I've never eaten that much crab ever! Not to mention that the pincer was as large as your palm. In my family, we usually give the pincer to the baby of the home which is my lil brother and so I hardly ever eat the pincer since he loves crab so much. But this time, I was offered two large pincers and I was simply overwhelmed with the amount of crab I had to gobble down. It was really good crab but from that day onwards ruth and I swore that we'll never touch crab for the next month or so.




I've got heaps of photo's to upload I tell you and this was only the second week of my stay in Singapore. Its the hols' and I swear I'm going to diligently post something everyday to keep up . I'm telling you , I've got an overload of blog material right here in my computer, so do stay tuned!

till' next time

No comments: