Sunday, January 27, 2008


sweet summer indulgence.
tangy plum pie with raspberry sauceWhen summer comes, its fruit season for all of us that have fruit trees in our back yard. Which means its plumb and juicy raspberries and plums for us and apples as well. We have heaps of ripe plums from the plum tree and so I decided to make good use of them by making plum pie. I made the crust and base from scratch to make sure that the pie would taste extra yummy. But one mistake I made though was not removing the skins of the plums as they were horribly sour, which made the whole pie tasting so sour that only the edible part of the pie was the base and the crust. But to my rescue came mum's home made raspberry jam (the raspberries came straight from my garden as well). Straining the the jam created a nice sweet red raspberry sauce that I poured on top of the pie which pretty much salvaged my ambitious desert. But as disastrous as it sounds, the pie turned out looking pretty darn delicious if you ask me.

No comments: