Saturday, January 26, 2008

That summer feeling'


Summer is the most chill worthy time of the year- especially at the beach with your mates.Evlyn organized a little get together to hang out at Taylor's mistake with those who were left in Christchurch. Taylor's mistake is a bay area just a short drive from Sumner . That day was so excruciatingly hot that we totally beat Singapore at it this time. The temperature was 34-8 degrees- a far cry from the nice weather we are all used to in New Zealand. It was slip slop & slap routine for all of us as no one wanted to be a potential candidate for melanoma cancer. As some of you may know the ozone layer is hovering right above our lovely Aoterora and on a cloudless day like this, no one was willing to take the risk. But we had heaps of fun splashing against the waves and running to and fro from our mat and to the water across the hot sand. Viva la Summer!


Sumner Lovin'


And yes, I couldn't get enough of the beach and so it was Sumner all over again for me, this time along with Esther! I really needed the tan that I longed for but failed to get in Singapore-note the rainy day in Sentosa. And so , I couldn't be more pleased to bum all day at the beach and chill while I get my much needed tan. This trip was also the last for my casio exilm camera as the sand and sun proved too much for it. Some of the pictures here are very well the last that you'll ever see from my trusty camera. The pictures from the collage are taken by Esther as well as the ones in Town. :) I wore my bikini this time so I was able to head right into the water. The waters were really freezing but we managed to get use to the water and we had a blast crashing the waves . If i'm not wrong, I think we spent a total of more than an hour in the water. It was so much fun!










After heading out of Sumner, we went to town to catch the Buskers festival as well as to chill at the cafes. We did a wee bit of shopping as well, Esther got the turquoise folk scark while I got the tangerine version of it and a sheer patterned scarf.

hehe. Arab!
Esther and I were discussing about where these folks were from, both of us thought that they were the red indians that looked like the ones that performed in Singapore but in the end, they were from South America. They played an array of tribal looking instruments and their music was so serene and peaceful. We sat watching them until they completed their performance. I was so happy they played the last of the Mohicans !


And at the end off the day, we went to coffee culture which was the only cafe that remained opened. I had the Irish mint mochachino while esther had the caramel hazelnut one. Coffee house is way way better than coffee culture. The only thing that tasted of mint rather than the drink was the little mint "ricolla-like" gummy lolly they served at the side.Sheesh!

There's week left of the holiday's and so I'm off to my senior year of highschool soon. Can't wait to start! By the way I just got my driver's license today and so i'll be hitting the roads soon!! Congratulate me!

Thanks for the birthday gift Esther!!! Love ya Hun!

Till' next time

1 comment:

Esther said...

hey m8! i can't tag at ur tagboard ay lol, has been that way for ages, dammit. nehoo, they mite b red indians ay, most red indians r from south america! & u're welcome bud! :D