Sunday, April 27, 2008

GUTEN TAG!

I was really itching to bake something on Friday, something to do with bread.The typical loaf of bread bored me and so I decided to try something that I've not attempted before. After scowering the net, in search of inspiration, pretzels popped in my mind and I decided there and then to try to make them.Random I know.But it gives me great satisfaction in trying to bake something pretty adventurous like this and being successful in trying. Well anyway to cut the long story short, the pretzels turned out fantastic and they were all devoured within the next day.I guess all that time spent looking at the ladies making pretzels at Auntie Anne's actually paid off.
Pretzels are a German specialty and so it pleases me to know that somewhere out there in Bavaria, my good friend Morija would be proud to know that I am still keeping the German spirit alive after all that time since she left.Ha ha.
The dough stage of the process before it was boiled and baked.

To top it off, a good coating of sugar and cinnamon. Simply delish!

2 comments:

leonard leao said...

Awwww...this post makes me drool...I'm a sucker for all thing cinnamon sugar!! Love Auntie Anne's...maybe u should start a business and call it Auntie Cho's...lol...just a thought... :p

Choleires said...

haha..ermm no? i'm not an auntie alright? lol.. but hey starting up a cafe is something I've actually thought about if all my ambitions in life fail that is...